Whispers Of Wisdom

I have named this page "Whispers of Wisdom" because that is exactly what I will be posting here. I have prayed for years for wisdom like Solomon (never really expecting to be that wise), but it wasn't until I actually started listening that I heard God "whisper" these thoughts to me. So I thought I could share.

Sep 6, 2010

May The Force Be With You - Episode IV - Christian Jedi Training: Prayer and Bible Reading

For the next three "episodes" I will be reproducing entry number 99 of Caleb Grimes' book, Star Wars Jesus, entitled "The Spiritual Disciplines of the Force."


"Prayer is like reaching out with your feelings. Prayer is like listening to the midiclorians. Prayer is what happens when you are calm; at peace. Prayer is like connecting to the living Force, feeling it flow through you. It comes to this: do you want to talk to the Creator or not? This discipline is odd in that it is perfect in the first moments you ever do it yet it takes a lifetime to perfect the art and attitude of prayer."

"Bible reading, analyzing and memorizing are analogous to Jedi training. Here is where you learn the character of God through the words of God. 'I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you' (Psalm 119:11). When shiny things - words, ideas, people, etc. - tempt you away from the light side of the Force, God's words to you in the Bible help you stay centered and focused. How do you know what is true versus what is not? How do you recognize a cult? You start here, with God's revelation of himself to us. This must be similar to how a Jedi learns of the Force in the first place."
--Grimes, Caleb, Star Wars Jesus, "[99] The Spiritual Disciplines of the Force", pg. 248

0 comments: