Whispers Of Wisdom

I have named this page "Whispers of Wisdom" because that is exactly what I will be posting here. I have prayed for years for wisdom like Solomon (never really expecting to be that wise), but it wasn't until I actually started listening that I heard God "whisper" these thoughts to me. So I thought I could share.

Apr 29, 2010

Let it out, son. It's the beginning of wisdom.


I LOVE THIS MOVIE! It is one of my all-time favorites.
Now rarely does a sequel to a movie actually surpass the original, but in this case I totally think Evan was better than Bruce. Don't get me wrong Bruce Almighty is a good movie, it has its little nuggets of wisdom, but Evan Almighty has so many little nuggets of wisdom that if you took them all in at once your head might explode. Ok your head won't really explode, but some of the wisdom found in the lines of the movie might actually blow your mind. I know some of you may have written Evan off because of the experience you had with Bruce (I mean who wants to even think about a monkey coming out of some guys hindquarters, not me), but I don't think there is a scene I would leave out of Evan Almighty. I mean, really, just go look up some of the quotes and you will see. I mean even the title of this post (which is a quote from the film) is a little nugget in itself, see Proverbs 1:7. Watch the movie, for real. I would watch it on a daily basis if I could. Here are some of my favorite quotes.

God - "How do we change the world?"
Evan - "One single act of random kindness at a time"
God - (spelling ARK) "One Act of Random Kindness"

God - "Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

Reporter - "What makes you think God chose you?"
Evan - "He chose all of us."

Evan - "Then you have to understand that this building an ark thing isn't part of my plans."
God - Laughs

0 comments: